Friday, March 12, 2010

The Friday 56

Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

I followed the rules and grabbed the CLOSEST book to me while typing this.  I have stacks of books on my table right now because I am doing research for a book (I am taking the leap!).  I am brushing up on my ancient Egyptian mythology and archaeological history.  Sounds pretty serious...huh!  Aside from my teaching degree, I do have a degree in anthropology/archaeology and I figured that I could use that part of my past as the back drop for an adventure through the Great Pyramids that will include Egyptian Gods and Goddesses, romance, danger, and who knows what else!  I am still trying to figure everything out plot-wise and I am so afraid that it's going to take me ten years to write it- but I am gonna do it!!!  Anyway.. here is my Friday 56!

"All of this meant to Carter that Tutankhamun (King Tut)  had not vanished off the face of the Earth, but had never been found."

Taken from page 56 of Tutankhamun: The Untold Story by Thomas Hoving

1 comment: