Monday, March 15, 2010

Author Appreciation Week (March 15, 2010)


I am so excited to be participating in 'Author Appreciation Week'!  Heidi Kling, author of the highly anticipated book Sea, came up with this wonderful idea!  You may be asking, "What do you have to do to participate?"  Well, there are no set guidelines, just write a blog post everyday this week that spotlights the authors that you appreciate!  You can spotlight as many as you want each day.  If you would like to join in this week full of author love, then stop by Heidi's site (Click Here) and get more info, avatars, and graphics that you can use in your posts.  I am planning on spotlighting two to three authors a day.  In truth, I appreciate all authors!  I admire what they do and aspire to do it myself.  But unfortunately, I would be blogging forever, so I will limit it to some of the authors that have written stories that have touched me in some way, or made a strong impression on me.  So without further ado here is my first batch of 'appreciated authors'!!!

I really appreciate... Melissa Marr
Melissa MarrWicked LovelyInk ExchangeFragile EternityRadiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely...

She is the fabulous author of The Wicked Lovely Series.  The books in the series (Wicked Lovely, Ink Exchange, and Fragile Eternity) are some of my all-time favorite YA reads!  I truly enjoy reading her books!  Her writing style is beautiful, yet edgy and her characters are so well developed that you feel like they are real!  Thank you Melissa- for writing some of the most amazing books I have ever read!  If you would like to learn more about Melissa or her books just click here and you can visit her official website!  Don't miss the next book in the series...Radiant Shadows is set to release April 10, 2010!!  I have already read and reviewed it and it is AWESOME!!  Check out my review HERE.

I really appreciate... Scott Westerfeld

He is the AMAZING author of Peeps, The Last Days, The Midnighters Series, The Uglies Series, So Yesterday, and Leviathan.  I LOVE every Scott Westerfeld book I have read!  His writing is so original and creative.  I always have a hard time putting one of his books down! I cannot even count the number of times I have recommended one of his books. The cool thing is that you can recommend his books to guys, girls, teens, and adults!  If you are interested in learning more about Scott Westerfeld or his books, then click here to go to his official website.
books-leviathanbooks-ugliesbooks-peeps


books-midnightersbooks-yesterday


*There are so many wonderful authors out there in the YA genre!  I look forward to spotlighting some of my favorites this week.  Join in the fun and show your favorite authors how much their hard work means to you!

3 comments:

  1. You are so right.. There are so many Splendid writers out there. What a fun post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Scott Westerfeld's books! He is such an amazing writer, each of his series are so different. My favorites are the Midnighters books and Peeps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! One of my favorite part of being a book blogger is getting to connect with some of my favorite authors. I'm currently listening to the audio of Westerfeld's Leviathan, and loving it.

    ReplyDelete