Thursday, March 18, 2010

Author Appreciation Week (March 18, 2010)

Heidi Kling, author of the highly anticipated book Sea, came up with this wonderful idea!  You may be asking, "What do you have to do to participate?"  Well, there are no set guidelines, just write a blog post everyday this week that spotlights the authors that you appreciate!  You can spotlight as many as you want each day.  If you would like to join in this week full of author love, then stop by Heidi's site (Click Here) and get more info, avatars, and graphics that you can use in your posts.   Also, thanks to Sara @ Novel Novice for making the great graphics!  So here are today's appreciated author:

I really appreciate... Cassandra Clare

Cassandra Clarebooks
Cassandra Clare is the talented author responsible for writing one of the best YA series ever published!  I am talking about The Mortal Instruments- City of Bones, City of Ashes, and City of Glass.  These books are wonderful! The world that she created for The Mortal Instruments is vivid, beautiful, dark, dangerous, magical, and exciting all mixed together! Her characters are definitely one of my favorite aspects of her books. I fell in love with Jace while reading the series and I can't wait to find out the rest of Simon's story in the fourth installment of The Mortal Instruments series titled City of Fallen Angels. This book is due out March 31, 2011! Yeah!! But that is not all that lurks on the horizon for Cassandra Clare!! The Infernal Devices Trilogy is the highly anticipated series of prequels to The Mortal Instruments that will be debuting soon. The cover for the first book, Clockwork Angel, was released today! I love it!!! This book is set for release on September 7, 2010.  If you haven't read City of Bones, City of Ashes, or City of Glass then I HIGHLY recommend you do so! You won't regret it- I promise! If you would like to learn more about The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices, or Cassandra Clare then click the links below:

The Mortal Instruments (Official Site) 
cassandraclare.com (Official Author Site) 
The Infernal Devices (Official Site) 
The Mortal Instruments Trailer!! 


2 comments:

  1. Good pick!! I've read City of Bones and loved it!! Excited to read more of her work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have City of Bones in my bookshelf right now, I got it from library a while ago. Maybe I should read it since you say the series are so good. :))

    ReplyDelete