Saturday, February 20, 2010

On My Wishlist (8)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2707/4088510611_3e7d537f7e_o.jpg

"On My Wishlist" is a weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City!  If you would like to participate in this weekly meme just click on the link above.  She has a "Mr.Linky" available so we can check out everyone's wishlists!  My wishlist is loaded with books that are upcoming releases.
Here are just a few:


Mistwood
Written by Leah Cypess
Release Date: April 27, 2010
Published by Greenwillow Books/HarperCollins

MistwoodSummary from Goodreads:

"The Shifter is an immortal creature bound by an ancient spell to protect the kings of Samorna. When the realm is peaceful, she retreats to the Mistwood.

But when she is needed she always comes.

Isabel remembers nothing. Nothing before the prince rode into her forest to take her back to the castle. Nothing about who she is supposed to be, or the powers she is supposed to have.

Prince Rokan needs Isabel to be his Shifter. He needs her ability to shift to animal form, to wind, to mist. He needs her lethal speed and superhuman strength. And he needs her loyalty--because without it, she may
be his greatest threat.

Isabel knows that her prince is lying to her, but she can't help wanting to protect him from the dangers and intrigues of the court . . . until a deadly truth shatters the bond between them.

Now Isabel faces a choice that threatens her loyalty, her heart . . . and everything she thought she knew.
"


Wereling
Written by Steve Feasey
Release Date: April 27, 2010
Published by Feiwel & Friends

WerelingSummary from Goodreads:

"Fourteen-year-old Trey Laporte is not a kid anymore. Not after the day he wakes up in agony—retina-splitting, vomit-inducing agony. His clothes are torn. His room is trashed.
Enter Luc
ien Charron, the mysterious, long-lost “uncle” with freakish fire-flecked eyes and skin that blisters in the sun. Suddenly, Trey finds himself living in a luxury penthouse at the heart of a strange and sinister empire built on the powers of the Netherworld—vampires, demons, sorcerers, and djinn.
And there is a girl—Alexa Charron—who is half vampire, half human, and insanely pretty, with powers all of her own. Trey is falling for her.
Trey is training night and day to control the newly discovered power lurking inside him. Now, demons are closing in on every side, and the most psychopathic bloodsucker to rock the Netherworld wants to destroy him. Above all,  he  must face one terrifying question: Is he a boy . . . or is he a beast?"

 

 

*I can wait for both of these books.  They sound great!  I am still putting together my MEGA-Swag contest and I am happy to say that Leah Cypess donated some awesome Mistwood bookmarks for the contest!!  Keep a look-out... the contest will be posted soon!!!

13 comments:

  1. Good choices. I am waiting for both of these too. And swag? How cool is that! I hope they soon move from your wishlist to your TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both sound great, I'm going to have to put them on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen, followed you over from the Sat network. Both of these look great. I have been trying to score an interiew with Lea Cypess-no luck so far. Love the cover to wereling. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not heard of these books before but they both sound really good!

    www.chrissiescorner.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both books look awesome love the covers as well. But i got to say im also pinning for Mistwood!!! :)
    My Wishlist is Here

    Kelly
    @MidnightGlance

    ReplyDelete
  6. OO Mistwood... I am excited about that too. Awesome can't wait for the swag contest

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!
    Come check out my blog:
    hungergamesseriestheories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover of Mistwood. Nice picks both books sound awesome will have to add them to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Mistwood on my wishlist as well =D WEREling was a new discovery for me, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited for both these books, they look so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got WEREling for review and it was very good! I shared it with my students telling them it was a "guys" werewolf story. It did sparkle etc :) Can't wait to read more in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wereling? sounds intriguing..nice wishlist.. =p

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both look interesting. I wouldn't mind reading both. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete