Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I am a Pretty Little Liars Secret Keeper!

Last week I received an e-mail from ABC Family inviting me to participate in a 3 week online game that revolves around the upcoming tv series "Pretty Little Liars".  As all of you know, this series is based on the wildly popular YA books in the "Pretty Little Liars" series by Sara Shepard!  I will be honest with you, I was a little skeptical about accepting since I haven't read the series myself (hangs head in shame!), but the rep from ABC Family assured me that it wouldn't be a problem and that I could always ask you guys for help!  So PLEASE help me!!!  Anyway... the game consists of 10 groups that have 4 people in each group (each group member plays one of the four main characters).  Essentially I will be competing against only 3 others (I think!).  We will be given daily challenges/quests/scavenger hunts etc. that are solved using clues we are given through the new SmartPhone that was sent to each participant.  My phone (Motorola Droid) came loaded with pictures, contacts and more that belong to Aria, so until June 18th my alias is Aria!  Each player is responsible for protecting 10 secrets about themselves from the others.  "A" is calling the shots and will be trying her best to get us to reveal our secrets!  I am excited about the game and will post updates/questions etc. on the blog as needed.  I did take some pictures of my "game kit" that came today.  The packaging was very cool and very messy!  When I opened the box I realized that it was FULL of dirt!! There was a piece of plastic on top of the dirt that said "Some secrets you have to dig for" -A... So yes, I dug in the dirt and found my phone, charger and an extra little clue that I am not divulging at this time!  I included some pics for you below.  I did get my first challenge today and solved it all by myself!  "A" did make a point to tell me not to expect them to be so easy from now on!  So any of you out there that are PLL experts- LET ME KNOW because I will need your help! :)



*FTC Disclosure: The Smartphone has been provided free of charge to the participants for game play by ABC Family.  Participants will be allowed to keep the phones after the game is over.

5 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of you right now, I can't even tell you!I have read up until book 4, so I'd love to help you with anything you need :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks AtenRa! I may be contacting you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a secret keeper too :) And I am also Aria!

    I am having a blast so far! Good luck in the game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg im insanely jealous of you!
    i have been a fan since the begining and read all of the books at least 5 times i envy you! you have no idea how much i wish i could be one of the 40 people! i want to buy it off someone once there done!
    please please please please let me help you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete